WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Ready to flex those admin skills? Are you ready to take organization and scheduling to another level? Look no further!
The Support Specialist, Demand Response Operations, reports directly to the VP, Demand Response & Innovative Mobility. This position also supports the Demand Response directors. This position is responsible for a variety of clerical and administrative support to facilitate day-to-day operations of MetroAccess, Pickup by CapMetro, and MetroBike, and long-term objectives of the business unit. This role is critical to ensuring the entire division and its four departments are coordinated internally with annual budgets, operations alerts, employee communications, meeting schedules, HR coordination, Board of Directors timelines, DRIM town hall events, memos, planning coordination, and schedules. External coordination is also needed with community partners, non-profits, the City of Austin Transportation Department, advocacy groups, national benchmarking thinktanks, and general customer engagement.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Note: The duties and primary responsibilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this job and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
• Prepare reports, agendas, and minutes as required for the Vice President and leadership staff.
• Assist with the compilation and proofreading of policy, procedures, correspondence, financial, and budgetary documents as directed; assist with preparation of presentations, public material (such as budget information), open record requests and requests for information by government or audit entities for the Vice President and leadership staff.
• Assist with event planning, including setup and tear down, for meetings, training, workshops, and public events. • Maintain calendar for the Vice President and administrative support to the business unit at large to include managing the schedule and calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, directing mail and other written correspondence, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
• Receive, package, and submit service provider invoices to finance for processing. • Subject matter expert for division budget coding to ensure budgetary compliance for all administrative and other supplies necessary to complete the work of the division. tracks business unit spending (including status of contract headers), coordinates update of purchase orders, and aids in variance review. • Ensures adherence to policies, proper coordination, quality, timeliness, and responsiveness to matters requiring approval of the Vice President or other department staff.
• Serve as backup to the department records management coordinator: keep records of documents that are archived, retrieved, and returned, oversee retention and destruction of records according to company policy. • Support Capital Metropolitan Transportation Authority’s Safety Management Systems (SMS) process by following safety and security policies, considering safety in every action and reporting safety and security concerns.
• Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. Experience may be substituted on a year for year basis up to four (4) years.
• Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in office management.
• Two (2) years of experience preparing reports and financial documents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Extremely organized, detail oriented, with the ability to meet required timelines.
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
P&C October 2022 Support Specialist, Demand Response Operations
• Intermediate skill level using Microsoft 365 including Word or other word processing, ,Excel or other spreadsheet software and Outlook or other calendar management programs.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel, financial, investment and budget matters.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet established deadlines.
• Knowledge of accepted business practices and procedures.
• Skill in analyzing, drafting, editing, and effectively composing a variety of documents, reports, presentations, policies, and procedures.
• Skill in researching, evaluating, and identifying discrepancies in data.
• Ability to plan and effectively handle complex administrative issues for upper management.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, Board of Directors, vendors, media and public, and to maintain confidentiality.
• Adaptability, willingness to learn, and team oriented.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
•Work with a diverse, collaborative and energetic workforce whose focus is to bring innovation into the industry and how we serve our customers and team members.
•Utilize our free and reduced fare transit service to get to the office and then plan to hit the gym (for free) and work with our onsite trainers, before heading back home.
•If you have children between the ages of 6 months and 6 years old, enroll them in the onsite award-winning Child Care and Learning Center.
•…and much more!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Capital Metro is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a welcoming and diverse environment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Capital Metro makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and organization needs at the time.
Job Duties : ""
Skills/Experience : ""
Salary : PAY RATE COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE