Location: Kansas City, MO
The Graphic Designer is responsible for the development and execution of multichannel brand-focused communications for KCATA internal and external communications. The Graphic Designer works closely with a variety of KCATA departments in support of agency initiatives, including the Employee Engagement Committee, Planning & Scheduling, Transportation and works with the Print Shop Clerk for internal print production. The Graphic Designer works closely with updating route schedules and maps, on-street communication at bus stops and transit shelters. Transit experience is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Provide visual communication solutions to best represent the KCATA and RideKC services. This includes design projects from concept to execution for a variety of print and digital needs. Bus schedules, maps, social media, web, presentations, fliers, posters, ads, brochures, recruitment materials, benefit information and other internal needs.
- Responsible for basic photography.
- Responsible for accurate proofing of all work
- Responsible for some copywriting.
- Upon request, work with contracted marketing service firms, photographers, videographers, printers.
- Ensure brand standards are being met internally and externally.
- Assist in the development and execution of special events and community outreach.
- Maintain efficient digital archive filling system.
- Provide intranet content and support other departments’ request for content.
- Represent KCATA marketing, as requested, as a liaison with external partners.
- Maintain RideKC Swag store with internal and external needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Will monitor work performance of print vendors.
- Position has limited fiscal responsibility. May assist in the collection of data in support of recommendations for departmental budget allocations. May monitor division or program/ promotional level budget and expenditures.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Graphic Design, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of successful related work experience in graphic design, commercial graphics, print, social media and website design.
- Public Transportation experience is desirable.
- An equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities will be considered.
Required Licenses or Certifications
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIES
- Must have thorough knowledge of techniques, equipment, materials and processes required to perform graphic support.
- Working knowledge of Macintosh operating system and current versions of Adobe Create Suite required.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Good organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure are essential.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision on a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Communicate with internal and external customers.
- Organize and prioritize workflow. Meet schedules and deadlines.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Interact professionally with various levels of KCATA employees and outside representatives.
- Research and compile information from various sources.
- Creatively design and produce artwork.
- Create, read, manipulate, and accurately interpret maps.
- Accurately proofread all completed materials.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
- May work in a normal office environment. Will sometimes be required to work and/or attend meetings or events in public and at all RideKC locations.
- Monday through Friday 8am until 5pm
- Occasional abnormal or on-call hours are expected and required for specific events, emergencies, and to reach all employees and customers.
- Occasional travel within the metropolitan area is expected.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position is relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards and is generally sedentary. Incumbents may be required to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
- KCATA is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary : $52,580.00 - $78,860.00